I had some Pillsbury Biscuits that I were about to expire, so I actually decided to bake those and make breakfast sandwiches to freeze and instead of making individual eggs for each sandwich on the stove. I found this great recipe for sheet pan eggs. Let me tell you, when I make bulk breakfast sandwiches, I will also use this recipe. It is so easy to make and you get plenty of sandwiches on it.
There will be 2 recipes...Sheet Pan Eggs and Breakfast Sandwiches.
Sheet Pan Eggs
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
What you will need:
12x17 Rimmed Baking Sheet
12 Large Eggs
1/2 cup chopped mix bell peppers or whatever vegetables you have in the house.
The last time I put in a pound of Ground Pork Sausage, Onions, Mushrooms and spinach. I say put in whatever vegetables/meat you like for your breakfast sandwich.
Pepper, to taste (Salt Free Here, as best I can, but please use Salt if you are able)
Coconut Oil, to grease the pan, I just Cooking Spray and works just fine
- Preheat the oven to 350. Green a 12/x17 inch rimmed baking sheet with coconut oil or cooking spray
- In a large bowl, crack the eggs, whisk the eggs with salt and pepper (I sometimes add garlic and dill as well) until frothy. Add the mixed bell peppers or whatever vegetables and/or meat you will be using.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared sheet pan, and bake for 12-15 minutes or until set. I have also baked them until 15 minutes but I like my eggs really done.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Cut into square.
|Pan Sheet eggs with Pork Sausage, Onions, Mushrooms and fresh Spinach|
- Bake your favorite Biscuit, rolls, or whatever you would like to make a breakfast sandwich. I use Pillsbury Biscuits & I had extra sliders from a potluck, I made them into a sandwich as well.
- Cut the eggs in squares or use a circular cookie Cutter to make egg rounds. Cut enough for each breakfast sandwich.
- Cut the Biscuit, Rolls, bagels, etc in half and place a piece of cheese (I used Tomato Basil Cheese) on the bottom of the sandwich. Place the cut piece of egg on top of the cheese. Place the top of the biscuit or whatever you are using to make your breakfast sandwich on top of your egg.
- Done! you have your breakfast sandwich. Wrap in press N Seal or whatever you have to make sure it doesn't get freezer burn.
- Place the sandwiches in the freezer and when you want one, Unwrap & place on a plate and place in the microwave for 1 minute to 2 minutes. You can place a damp paper towel around the sandwich as well. Just make sure the egg is not cold anymore.
|Tomato & Basil Jack Cheese for the breakfast Sandwich|
|Breakfast Sandwich made out leftover Sliders from a potluck|
|Breakfast Sandwiches all ready for the freezer for a quick and go breakfast!|