This week, I made Italian Meatball Soup, this soup was simple that I will definitely be making this over and over again.
My family and I have a secret Meatball recipe that we don't give out. I made those meatballs for my recipe, but I will give the meatball recipe the original recipe calls for.
For the Meatballs:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place all the meatballs ingredients in a large bowl. Stir with a large spoon or use your hands to combine all the ingredients. You can add a few teaspoons of water if needed to make the process easier.
- Shake the meat mixture into smalls (1/2 inch to 3/4 inch to size). Place on a sheet pan lined with cooking spray. Coat the tops of the meatballs with cooking spray.
- Broil for 8-10 minutes until meatballs are lightly browned.
- 2 Teaspoons Olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion- Finely Diced
- 2 stalks celery ( I used 3)- sliced
- 2 Carrots Peeled and diced ( I used baby carrots and estimated how much 2 carrots would be)
- 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes (I couldn't find 15 oz, so I used 15 oz of Diced Tomatoes)- Do Not Drain
- 16 ounce can tomato sauce
- 6 cups beef broth (I used 50% less sodium broth)
- 1 Teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning (I just kind of sprinkled, probably did a lot more than 1 teaspoon)
- Pepper and salt to taste (I didn't use Salt, since broth will be salty enough)
- 3/4 cup dry short pasta (Ditalini)
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped (I used dried parsley- probably 1 teaspoon)
- Parmesan Cheese for Serving (I sprinkled a little Mozzarella Cheese on top)
- Heat Olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrots.
- Cook the vegetables for 4-5 minutes. Add the Crushed (or diced) tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef brother, Italian seasoning, salt and pper.
- Bring to a simmer. Add the meatballs and pasta to the soup. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until pasta and vegetables are tender (I simmered for 15 minutes)
- I had a couple of cups of fresh spinach leftover from a different meal & so I added fresh spinach as well, let the spinach Whittle away only takes a couple of minutes. Add the spinach after your soup is completely cooked.
- Top with Parsley. Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.
|Secret Meatball Recipe, I know they don't look special, but they are delicious!|
|Soup is cooking|
|Putting in containers for Lunch for the week|
|Topped it off with my Mozzarella cheese|