Monday, November 30, 2020
What you need:
1- package of Chicken Flavored Ramen Noodles
1- Cup Celery, Chopped
1- Cup Carrots, Chopped
1- Onion, Diced
1 LB. Chicken Breast, cut into pieces
1- Cup Fresh Broccoli, Small pieces
1- Cup Fresh Cauliflower, Small Pieces
1/2 Cup- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1- Tablespoon Sesame Oil
1. Clean all your vegetables and chop them up. Keep the broccoli and cauliflower together. Onions separate. Celery and Carrots together.
2. Follow directions for the ramen on what is on the package.
3. In a Wok or a large pan, add your sesame oil to heat up on Medium heat. Once warmed up, add your chicken, season with Pepper. Cook until you chicken is no longer pink. Once your chicken is fully cooked, set aside.
4. Add a tiny bit more oil and add your onions. Cook your onions for 3 -4 minutes. Add your chopped celery and carrots and cook until your desired crunch or not crunch. I cooked mine for probably 5-7 minutes. Once cooked to your liking, remove onions, celery and carrots.
5. You can use the same pan or a different one, but add tiny bit of water and add your broccoli and cauliflower. Add the cover, once it starts to boil, cook for 5 minutes. You could also steam these.
6. Drain the water and add the broccoli, cauliflower, chicken, onions, cooked ramen noodles, celery and carrots back to your wok and combine. Add the season packet from the ramen and stir.
7. Add the soy sauce and stir. Serve hot and Enjoy!
Saturday, November 7, 2020
Flu and stomach bug season is just around the corner. I know when I'm not feeling well, I enjoy some Chicken and Rice. Here is the recipe that I have had since I was child, it is a favorite in my family.
1- Large Chicken breast or 2 smaller chicken breast
1- Cup of Carrots, Peeled & cut into quarter pieces
1- Cup of Rice, Rinsed, cleaned and soaked
3-4 Tablespoons of Watkins Gourmet Soup & Gravy Base, Chicken Flavored
3 Cups of water
2 Tablespoons of Butter
Black Pepper (to taste)
Favorite Seasoning for when cooking your chicken, I used Justice from Penzey's.
1. Take your 1 cup of rice and rinse and clean it. I use a Rice strainer, do this 3 or 4 times until your rice water is clear. This is the strainer I use to clean my rice.
Once you have cleaned your rice, place it in the rice cooker (don't turn it on yet). Place the 3 cups of water and let the rice soak for 20 minutes.
2. While the rice soaks, cook your chicken, however you would like. I did mine on the stove top in a pan with some Avocado Oil, Black Pepper and Justice seasoning. Cook your chicken until it is no longer pink. Once cooked, cut up in cubes and set aside.
3. Peel and cut your carrots into quarter size pieces. Set aside.
4. Once your rice has soaked for 20 minutes add your cut carrots and your chicken. Add the Chicken Flavored Watkin's Gourmet Soup Base & Gravy and 2 tablespoons of Butter. Close the lid and cook on White Rice setting.
5. Don't open the lid, let is cook until your rice cooker goes off and Enjoy!
*If you don't have Watkins Soup Base and Gravy, Use Chicken Bouillon. DON"T USE CHICKEN BROTH or CHICKEN STOCK, YOUR RICE WILL COME OUT VERY BLAND. I have made this mistake before.
** If you don't want to use White Rice, Brown Rice will work, if your Rice Cooker has a Brown Rice setting, I would cook it on that setting.
***If you don't have a rice cooker, this is easily done on the stove top. Follow all the instructions, but instead of putting your rice in a rice cooker, place in a chili pot or soup pot. Still soak it. Once it is done soaking, add the other ingredients, have the rice get to a boil and put on 3 or 4 heat. Cook until the Rice is cooked.
**** Sometimes I don't even put chicken in this, I sometimes just have Carrots and Rice cooked in the Chicken Flavored Soup Base and Gravy and it is still delicious.
Saturday, October 31, 2020
Curry is one my favorite things to make. Since I've been working remotely, I'm trying new recipes at least once a week. I threw this together yesterday for lunch and it was delicious.
What you'll need:
1 lb. of Peeled and deveined Shrimp- Fresh or Frozen. I used Frozen shrimp.
1- Cup of Rinsed and Cleaned White Rice (Or whatever kind of rice you have)
Bag of Asian Melody- I used Bird's Eye Asian Melody Frozen Vegetables
Curry( Use as much or little as you want)
Ginger Paste (Fresh ginger or ginger powder will work too)
Black pepper, to taste
Chicken Bouillon (I used probably 2-3 tablespoons, I used powdered but you can use the cubes too).
1. If you are using frozen Shrimp, thaw your shrimp. Place on a paper towel. Take a pan and put in 1 to 2 tablespoons of Sesame Oil in the pan on medium heat. Let the pan warm up for 3 - 5 minutes. Pat dry your shrimp and place the shrimp in the warmed pan. Add curry seasoning, black pepper and Ginger. Mix up and cook your shrimp through. I followed the directions on the bag on how long to cook them.
2. Once your shrimp is cooked, place in a bowl and set aside. Take your rice and rinse and clean it. Do this until the water is clear. Place the cleaned rice in the rice cooker and place 3 cups of water in it, stir. Let the rice sit in the water for 20 minutes.
3. After your rice soaks for 20 minutes, add Chicken Bouillon, curry seasoning, Ginger paste and the Bag of Asian Melody, mix it up. Close your rice cooker and if you have a quick rice option, use that or whatever option is available on your cooker. Each rice cooker is different.
4. With 5-7 minutes left on your rice cooker add your cooked shrimp to the rice cooker, to heat your shrimp up. Once your rice cooker is complete, stir up your curry and Enjoy!
*The veggies get done well done, if you don't want them well done, you could add them half way through the cooking of the rice.
*You can use any kind of rice, white, brown or even quinoa or couscous
*Fresh vegetables will work too, I didn't have any so that is why I used frozen vegetables.
* I love my curry spicy so I added a lot of curry, but add as much as you want. That is why I didn't put any measurements on it
*If you don't have a rice cooker, this can easily be made on the stove top. I would follow all the instructions except how long to cook the rice, I would use the instructions on the box.
Monday, March 11, 2019
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 cups Fresh Spinach Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped Cilantro (I used dried Cilantro & put in 2 tablespoons)
- 1 can (4.5 ounce) Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin (I didn't have any cumin so I put in some Taco Seasoning that had cumin in it).
- 1/3 Teaspoon Ground Chili Powder
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt (I used Sour Cream)
- Salt and Pepper to taste (I didn't use Salt, enough of the ingredients had salt in it)
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Old El Paso Mild Green Chile Enchilada Sauce (I didn't have the Green Chile Sauce, so I used the Red Sauce)
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- I used Mexican Mix Cheese (4 cups of that, divided). I probably used only 2 cups though.
- Toppings: Green onions (Chopped), Fresh Cilantro (Chopped), Diced Avocado (I used Guacamole)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook until softened about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add the spinach leaves and cook until they are wilted and shrinks down. Stir in the lime juice, cilantro, green chiles, cumin and Chile powder. Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble, spread about 1/2 can of enchilada sauce in the bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Fill each tortilla with about 1/3 cup of spinach mixture. In a medium bowl, combine both kinds of shredded cheese. Sprinkle cheese over spinach mixture, about 3 tablespoons per enchilada. Roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish. when all enchiladas have been rolled and placed in the pan, top with the other 1/2 can of enchilada sauce and about 1/2 of the other can. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top of enchiladas. Bake 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted, and the sauce is bubbling around the edge. I baked mine for 20 minutes covered and 10 minutes uncovered.
- Garnish enchiladas with green onion, cilantro and avocado if desired. Serve Warm. I served mine with Guacamole, Sour Cream and Salsa.
- I also served mine with Mexican rice, use your favorite recipe or box of rice.
|Finished Product. So creamy and delicious.|
This week, I made Italian Meatball Soup, this soup was simple that I will definitely be making this over and over again.
My family and I have a secret Meatball recipe that we don't give out. I made those meatballs for my recipe, but I will give the meatball recipe the original recipe calls for.
For the Meatballs:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place all the meatballs ingredients in a large bowl. Stir with a large spoon or use your hands to combine all the ingredients. You can add a few teaspoons of water if needed to make the process easier.
- Shake the meat mixture into smalls (1/2 inch to 3/4 inch to size). Place on a sheet pan lined with cooking spray. Coat the tops of the meatballs with cooking spray.
- Broil for 8-10 minutes until meatballs are lightly browned.
- 2 Teaspoons Olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion- Finely Diced
- 2 stalks celery ( I used 3)- sliced
- 2 Carrots Peeled and diced ( I used baby carrots and estimated how much 2 carrots would be)
- 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes (I couldn't find 15 oz, so I used 15 oz of Diced Tomatoes)- Do Not Drain
- 16 ounce can tomato sauce
- 6 cups beef broth (I used 50% less sodium broth)
- 1 Teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning (I just kind of sprinkled, probably did a lot more than 1 teaspoon)
- Pepper and salt to taste (I didn't use Salt, since broth will be salty enough)
- 3/4 cup dry short pasta (Ditalini)
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped (I used dried parsley- probably 1 teaspoon)
- Parmesan Cheese for Serving (I sprinkled a little Mozzarella Cheese on top)
- Heat Olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrots.
- Cook the vegetables for 4-5 minutes. Add the Crushed (or diced) tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef brother, Italian seasoning, salt and pper.
- Bring to a simmer. Add the meatballs and pasta to the soup. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until pasta and vegetables are tender (I simmered for 15 minutes)
- I had a couple of cups of fresh spinach leftover from a different meal & so I added fresh spinach as well, let the spinach Whittle away only takes a couple of minutes. Add the spinach after your soup is completely cooked.
- Top with Parsley. Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.
|Secret Meatball Recipe, I know they don't look special, but they are delicious!|
|Soup is cooking|
|Putting in containers for Lunch for the week|
|Topped it off with my Mozzarella cheese|
I had some Pillsbury Biscuits that I were about to expire, so I actually decided to bake those and make breakfast sandwiches to freeze and instead of making individual eggs for each sandwich on the stove. I found this great recipe for sheet pan eggs. Let me tell you, when I make bulk breakfast sandwiches, I will also use this recipe. It is so easy to make and you get plenty of sandwiches on it.
There will be 2 recipes...Sheet Pan Eggs and Breakfast Sandwiches.
Sheet Pan Eggs
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
What you will need:
12x17 Rimmed Baking Sheet
12 Large Eggs
1/2 cup chopped mix bell peppers or whatever vegetables you have in the house.
The last time I put in a pound of Ground Pork Sausage, Onions, Mushrooms and spinach. I say put in whatever vegetables/meat you like for your breakfast sandwich.
Pepper, to taste (Salt Free Here, as best I can, but please use Salt if you are able)
Coconut Oil, to grease the pan, I just Cooking Spray and works just fine
- Preheat the oven to 350. Green a 12/x17 inch rimmed baking sheet with coconut oil or cooking spray
- In a large bowl, crack the eggs, whisk the eggs with salt and pepper (I sometimes add garlic and dill as well) until frothy. Add the mixed bell peppers or whatever vegetables and/or meat you will be using.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared sheet pan, and bake for 12-15 minutes or until set. I have also baked them until 15 minutes but I like my eggs really done.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Cut into square.
|Pan Sheet eggs with Pork Sausage, Onions, Mushrooms and fresh Spinach|
- Bake your favorite Biscuit, rolls, or whatever you would like to make a breakfast sandwich. I use Pillsbury Biscuits & I had extra sliders from a potluck, I made them into a sandwich as well.
- Cut the eggs in squares or use a circular cookie Cutter to make egg rounds. Cut enough for each breakfast sandwich.
- Cut the Biscuit, Rolls, bagels, etc in half and place a piece of cheese (I used Tomato Basil Cheese) on the bottom of the sandwich. Place the cut piece of egg on top of the cheese. Place the top of the biscuit or whatever you are using to make your breakfast sandwich on top of your egg.
- Done! you have your breakfast sandwich. Wrap in press N Seal or whatever you have to make sure it doesn't get freezer burn.
- Place the sandwiches in the freezer and when you want one, Unwrap & place on a plate and place in the microwave for 1 minute to 2 minutes. You can place a damp paper towel around the sandwich as well. Just make sure the egg is not cold anymore.
|Tomato & Basil Jack Cheese for the breakfast Sandwich|
|Breakfast Sandwich made out leftover Sliders from a potluck|
|Breakfast Sandwiches all ready for the freezer for a quick and go breakfast!|
Monday, March 4, 2019
I love Zuppa Toscana, it by far my favorite soup that Olive Garden makes. So I searched and searched for a recipe. The one thing, that I don't like in the soup is the potatoes, so I substitute the potatoes for Cauliflower. It is just as delicious, you definitely don't miss the potatoes. Of course, you like potatoes, please add them. Adding the Cauliflower also makes the soup just a little more healthier.
Here is the recipe below:
Prep/Cook Time: 1 Hour
1 quart water (that equals 4 cups)
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Accent Seasoning (optional)-- NO idea what this is
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt- My household is salt free as best we can, we don't add it if we don't need to.
- Original Recipe: https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/olive-garden-copycat-zuppa-toscana-38298
Monday, August 28, 2017
Here is the Recipe:
2-3 cups of shredded Zucchini
Your favorite Pancake Batter- I use Heart healthy Bisquick
1-2 teaspoon of dill
1-2 teaspoon of Onion Powder
Clean your zucchini and shred the zucchini to get about 2-3 cups of shredded zucchini.
Place the shredded zucchini in a colander and sprinkle salt on the zucchini. Place colander in sink and let sit for 20 minutes. The salt helps absorb the liquid.
While the zucchini is “resting” make your pancake batter.
After 20 minutes, take the zucchini and place in a paper towel and squeeze out the rest of liquid. Once you have squeezed out most of the liquid, place the shredded zucchini in the pancake batter.
Stir the zucchini and pancake batter well. Add the dill and onion powder, stir well again.
It will be a thicker batter, but make your pancakes as you would normally.
They smell amazing, kind of like potato pancakes. I think they would be good with a little sour cream on top of them.
Saturday, February 11, 2017
I have made these Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedge twice already and they are pretty good.
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
¼ cup parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2. Slice potato in half then take the half and quarter it.
3. Whisk 3 eggs in a small bowl.
4. Combine remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
5. Coat each wedge in egg wash, then coat in dry mix, until entirely covered.
6. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
1/3 Cup of Soy Sauce; I used low sodium
1/2 Cp of Olive Oil; I probably used less than that.
1/3 Cup of Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 Cup of Worcestershire Sauce
1-1/2 T Garlic Powder
3 T of dried basil
1-1/2 T of dried parsley flakes
1 t of ground white pepper
1/3 t of Hot Pepper Sauce
1 t of Dried Minced Garlic
Mix all ingredients together and place steaks in Gallon size bag and pour marinade over steaks and let the steaks marinade for about 8 hours.
Cook the meat as you like and enjoy!
Alright here comes another Soup and spaghetti squash recipe, but trust me, this recipe is delicious too. My sister, had some and she said it was the best soup she ever had!
- Cook the spaghetti squash they way you like to. I cook my in the oven at 350, keep it whole, poke some holes and place in a baking dish and bake for 40-50 minutes. Let cool, cut in half, take out seeds and scrape with a fork
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet over medium/high heat brown and crumble the sausage about -10 minutes. Add in the onion, zucchini and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally until the sausage is no longer pink in the center.
- Add Spaghetti squash in the sausage mixture, oregano, basil and tomatoes, salt, black pepper and chicken stock. Stir well. Bring the soup to a simmer and cook over low for 20-30 minutes. Stir in the butter and apple cider vinegar. Remove from the heat. Add additional seasoning to taste, if desired.
- To serve, spoon the soup into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.
I love Chinese food, but as you know, it isn't the best for you. So I found a Weight Watchers recipe that is 1. VERY EASY and 2. delicious! When I order Chinese food, I usually don't order fried rice because this rice is soo good.
- Cook large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add egg whites and cook until scrambled, stirring frequently, about 3 to 5 minutes; remove from pan and set aside.
- Off heat, redcoat skillet with cooking spray and place back over medium-high heat. Add scallions or onions and garlic; saute 2 minutes. Add chicken and carrots; saute until chicken is golden brown and cooked through about 5 minutes.
- stir in reserved cooked egg whites, cooked brown rice, peas, other vegetables you want to add, and soy sauce; cook until heated through, stirring once or twice, about 1 minute.
- Per serving 4 SmartPoints; 4 PointsPlus