Saturday, February 11, 2017

Weight Watchers Chicken Fried Rice


I love Chinese food, but as you know, it isn't the best for you. So I found a Weight Watchers recipe that is 1. VERY EASY and 2. delicious! When I order Chinese food, I usually don't order fried rice because this rice is soo good.

Ingredients:
1 Cooking Spray
4 Large Egg white
1/2 cup scallion, chipped, green and white parts (I never have scallions, so I use a regular onion or Chives).
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
12 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1/2 cup carrot, diced
2 cups cooked brown rice, kept hot or I used leftover rice or you could cook the rice the night before as well. I have don that before.
1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
3 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
I also added the following vegetables;
1/2 cup celery, diced
Water chestnuts, cut in quarters

  1. Cook large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add egg whites and cook until scrambled, stirring frequently, about 3 to 5 minutes; remove from pan and set aside.
  2. Off heat, redcoat skillet with cooking spray and place back over medium-high heat. Add scallions or onions and garlic; saute 2 minutes. Add chicken and carrots; saute until chicken is golden brown and cooked through about 5 minutes.
  3. stir in reserved cooked egg whites, cooked brown rice, peas, other vegetables you want to add, and soy sauce; cook until heated through, stirring once or twice, about 1 minute.
  4. Per serving 4 SmartPoints; 4 PointsPlus
ENJOY!!

Original Recipe from:  http://www.kitchme.com/recipes/ww-chicken-fried-rice-3-points




No comments:

Post a Comment