Saturday, February 11, 2017

Turkey Vegetable Soup with Stuffing Dumplings

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Delicious food and great company. It is also the start of the amazing Holiday Season that I love so much. Another reason why I love Thanksgiving is because I LOVE leftovers. Sometimes leftovers can be boring so I always try to find something new to try. This year, I tried this delicious soup from foodnetwork.com. I did have to modify it to what I had in the house. I will link the original after the recipe. It was so delicious and definitely a keeper.

Here is the recipe for Turkey Vegetable Soup with Stuffing Dumplings:

Ingredients:

2 Large onions, one quartered and one chopped (I only used 1 onion, chopped).
10 Cups of Broth (it can be any broth you want, I used Onion Broth) I was supposed to make my own Turkey Stock, but we don't keep the Turkey Carcass.
4 Peeled Carrots, Coarsley Chopped
4 Stalks Celery, Coarsley Chopped
2 Tablespoons of Garlic
1 Bay Leaf
1 Tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive oil
2 Large Eggs
6 Tablespoons all- purpose flour, plus more as needed
1/2 Teaspoon salt, plus more as needed
Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
2 Cups leftover Stuffing
2 Spring Fresh Thyme (I used my favorite Italian seasoning)
2 Cups shredded leftover Turkey meat or Ground turkey would work too, that is what I used because our turkey was gone.
1 Cup leftover corn kernels or frozen corn. We don't serve corn at Thanksgiving in my family.

Method:

  1. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and some black paper together until smooth. Add the stuffing and mix until well combined; cover and reserve.
  2. Heat the oil in the pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook until soft and translucent about 6 minutes.  Add the carrots and celery and seasoning and the Broth and bring to a simmer; cook vegetables are just soft, about 10 minutes.
  3. Roll level tablespoon of the dumpling mixture into balls with wet hands and drop into the simmer soup; cook until dumplings float 3-5 minutes. Gently stir in the turkey meat, corn and season with salt and pepper, and simmer until heated through. Serve immediately. 
ENJOY!!!

Original Recipe:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/turkey-vegetable-soup-with-stuffing-dumplings-recipe







No comments:

Post a Comment