8 ounces jumbo pasta shells
30 ounces whole-milk ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Romano Cheese
2 Tablespoons minced Fresh Parsley
12 leaves fresh basil, I used dried basil and probably used a 2 tablespoons
1 Large Egg
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
8 Ounces Parmesan, grated
2 jars good-quality marinara sauce
8 Ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the pasta shells and cook for half the cooking time on the package; make sure not overcook. Drain and rinse in cool water. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the ricotta, Romano, Parsley, Basil, Egg, some salt and pepper and half of the Parmesan. Stir until combined.
- To assemble, coat the bottom of a baking dish with some sauce. Fill each half-cooked shell with the cheese mixture and place face-down on the sauce. Repeat with the shells until cheese mixture is gone. Top the shells with remaining sauce. Sprinkle on the mozzarella and extra parmesan.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, 25 minutes. Serve with your favorite break or garlic bread.