Friday, February 10, 2017

Spaghetti Squash Jambalaya

I LOVE Jambalaya but as you know it isn't the greatest for you and all the carbs in it. So I made some the other day with spaghetti squash and lots and lots of Cajun and it was sooo freaking delicious.

Here is my recipe for Spaghetti Squash Jambalaya.

Ingredients:
1/2: Onion- Chopped
1- Green Pepper or whatever color pepper you would like
1- Chicken Breast or I used 3 Chicken tenderloins(strips)
2- Sausage that you like. I used Jalepeno Cheddar because that is what they called for. Usually in Jambalaya you use Andouille Sausa
***Also, you sometimes have Shrimp in Jambalaya, if you want throw some in. If I had some I would have definitely put some in.
1 Can of Diced tomatoes
1- Medium Spaghetti Squash
Salt and Pepper
Garlic
Cajun Seasoning or Jambalaya season that you can find in the store.

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 350*. Clean the outside of the squash and poke a ton of holes in it. Place the spaghetti squash in a baking dish, once the one is preheated put the squash in the oven and cook for 50-60 minutes.
2. While you spaghetti squash is cooking, prepare the rest of the jambalaya. Chop the vegetables. Cook the chicken breast until there is no more pink. I seasoned my chicken with cajun, I did this because I love SPICY Jambalaya.
3. After you cooked your chicken, boil your sausage for about 10-15 minutes. Once they are completely pre-cooked, cut up into pieces.
4. In a skillet or whatever your favorite pan is, put on the stove and turn to medium and place 2 tablespoons of olive oil in it. Let warm up for a few minutes. Add your garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add your vegetables onion and peppers, cook until the onion is translucent. About 5 minutes.
5. Once your vegetables are done, add the chicken and sausage and shrimp(if you have any) and the can of tomatoes, mix together. Add pepper to taste and I did add more cajun to have even more heat.
6. Once your Spaghetti squash is done, let it cool and then cut it in half, scoop out the seeds and use a fork to create the spaghetti. Scrape squash into a bowl. Once done, I put even MORE cajun in, like I said I like it spicy. Toss it and then put the squash in with the rest of the Jambalaya and let it cook for a good 15-20 minutes or until you feel everything is cooked and the seasoning has combined together.
7. Scope into a bowl and enjoy healthier and spicer version of Jambalaya. :)

ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment