1/2 LB ground beef or Ground turkey
3/4 cup Chopped Onion
3/4 cup Shredded Carrots
3/4 cup Diced Celery
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
4 tablespoons butter, divided
3 cups Chicken Brother
4 cups Peeled and Diced Potatoes (I'm sure I only used 2 or 3 cups of diced potatoes. Potatoes aren't my favorite and next time I'm going to substitute for Cauliflower).
1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1-1/2 cups Milk
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1/4 cup Sour Cream
- Brown the ground beef in 3 quart saucepan. Drain and set aside. You can use whatever pan you would like for your soup.
- In the same saucepan add 1 T butter and add onions, shredded carrots, parsley flakes, basil and celery. Sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, potatoes and beef and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In small skillet melt remaining butter (3T) and add flour. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to the soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the cheese, milk, and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat and blend in sour cream.